maggior;634282 Wrote:
> Wow, I never would have pegged Joe Walsh as an SWL'er :-).
>
> I liked the Drake receivers.  When I bought my R-5000, I was torn
> between it and an R8.  I went for the R-5000 only because I had been
> lusting for it for years.
>
> I fire up the R-5000 here and there for some nostalgia, but I don't
> have the time any more.  I think the airwaves are getting pretty
> desolate anyway.  My kids got a kick out of my QSL card collection.

I fire my stuff up occasionally, but not that often (once a year!).
Yep, Joe Walsh is a big time ham radio guy. From the wiki: "Walsh holds
an Extra Class Amateur Radio License. His station callsign is
WB6ACU.[10] In 2006 he donated an autographed guitar to the ARRL in
Newington, Connecticut for its charity auction. He has also been
involved with the group's "Big Project," which brings amateur radio
into schools. Walsh has included Morse Code messages in his albums on
two occasions: once on the album Barnstorm ("Register and Vote"), and
later on Songs for a Dying Planet ("Register and Vote for Me")."

|Filename: File_Wb6acu.png                                          |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11936|

garym