Goodsounds;634307 Wrote:
> I never got in to shortwave. Would you say that the lure was the sense
> of adventure and the tactile experience of operating the radio, rather
> than the content? Today, internet "broadcasting" brings clear content
> (in most cases) in a mechanical, uninteresting way which I would guess
> doesn't compare to the old days?

for me, somewhat the "chase", playing around with equipment, wire
antennas, etc. was fun (sort of like the audiophile quest for
perfection in our audio setups), and going back far enough the content
was equally important. Nowadays it is no big deal to listen to the BBC
world service or canadian radio, etc. but pre-internet, it was
essentially SW or nothing.

--
garym