didjean wrote:
> You guys, members of this forum, are part of my every day life ! ;-)
> I've learnt so much reading posts/wikis...
>
> We should now think of the future.
>
> Will this forum continue to live? Should we now think to move to another
> place?
>
> And why not dreaming a bit: Why not re-creating together our own
> Squeezebox (devices/server) from scratch and compete Sonos in that
> particular niche market... BTW, any news from Sean/Dean? ;-)

+1

Great community here.

And I too wonder what happened to Sean and Dean.  Must be especially sad
for them to witness how the value of the Squeezebox line has been
squandered.

It's not only that Logitech didn't understand the product and its market
(they obviously didn't) but also that they were desperately chasing
dreams of being more than a maker of keyboards and mice.  Squeezebox may
have had respectable sales... but certainly the grass must be greener
over there where Google is going something with TV!  Think of the
gazillions of dollars!  I mean, how could anyone go wrong by getting in
bed with Google?!  It's a shame.