Fahzz wrote:
> So... I am also the proud owner of two Palm Pre smartphones. The
> parallels of what happened at Hewlett Packard after they bought up Palm
> are pretty striking. The practice of wrecking great products by
> companies that fail to understand the true value of what they have would
> be devilishly funny if I wasn't a victim...twice.

I own two TouchPads, and I totally agree that how HP killed Palm was
stupid. However, in Palm case, from what I read, the company was running
out of cash and options when HP bought them. Let's face it's not like
the Pre was selling in large numbers, and they were on nobody's network.
So, I feel it's more that without HP the death would have been much
quicker, and that the Touchpad showed promises on how it could have been
resuscitated.

Jean