On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Jan Heine<hein...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Jun 16, 7:23 am, Seth Vidal <skvi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  The explanation that Jan gave as to why there
>> is no 700c version of the hetre is the lack of bikes that can take a
>> 700x42 tire. Given that a lot of 700c riv riders can take a 42mm tire
>> I wonder if there is enough of a market to justify a 700c hetre. I
>> know I'd be willing to buy a pair if they were  available.
>
> The Grand Bois tires, like all Grand Bois products, were introduced
> because Grand Bois needed them for their custom bikes, and couldn't
> find suitable products made by others. In Japan, there are few people
> who ride a 700C tire wider than 30 mm, so there is no perceived need
> for wider 700C tires. If you want wider tires, Grand Bois prefers 650B
> wheels, just like most of the French constructeurs did. For the same
> reason, there won't be Grand Bois 27" tires - that size is virtually
> unknown in Japan.

I understood the reason, I was just wondering if there was enough of a
market among rivendell (and probably kogswell and surly) 700c riders
to justify making  a 700c hetre.

I hope I didn't come across wrong, I don't doubt your explanation, I
was just hopeful that perhaps someone on this list had enough of a
connection to someone at grand bois to float the idea of a 700c hetre
by them.

Nevertheless, thanks,
-sv