I ride a Simpleone on fairly rough trails quite a lot. I have used the Soma
Sparrow bar with a lot of success, however I seam to like my hands more
vertical, like in the drops. I am in love with the look of the Albatross bars.
They just seem to be the perfect shape. Not being able to brake from the front
of the bar, my go to when climbing,leaves my hands with out much to brace
against at high speeds on rough trails. Not a deal breaker but it makes me
question them every time. Having my hands shaken from the bars is less than
inspiring. Porter bars seem to have all the same issues, good and bad. The
mustache bar , I really want to like them, never seems right to me, maybe
because of the palms down position while on the brakes. Same is true for me
with flat bars. Normalish drops always seem an odd angle for my shoulders,
leaving me feel not as in control on rough trails at speed. Currently riding
the On One Midge dirt drop bar. Almost always in the drop position. Supreme
control, for me, on even the roughest and fastest of any trail. One finger
braking and a general oneness with the bike no matter what. On the road they
seem a little wide, however I am stronger climbing hills with these bars then
anything else I have tried. They truly make my bike better for me in all
situations. Hope this is of some use for you.    Casey.