Deacon: I've only counted calories for one day. Here's what I discovered:

BREAKFAST: 3 eggs cooked in one heaping tablespoon of butter, plus coffee
with one tablespoon of coconut oil. 440 calories

LUNCH: 7 ounces canned pink salmon with 1 tablespoon olive oil. 300 calories

DINNER: Four hefty chicken thighs, baked, with skin on, plus a large
plateful of kale cooked in ghee. 640 calories

That's a total of 1,380 calories, give or take. Since I am already (to use
Grant's expression from his book) thin as a clothesline, it seems clear
that I'll need to eat even more olive oil, butter, bacon, Greek yogurt,
avocados, critter, dark chocolate, coconut oil, etc. I'm willing to do
that, but I still have to wonder how so many Americans manage to consume
2,500 calories--or more--each day. (For the record: I didn't even think to
count calories until, about ten days into the EBDJ diet, I noticed my jeans
were especially baggy. Decided it might be good to do some counting.)

Clayton: Your results are inspiring.

Evan E.