Clayton, it's good to hear of your progress with the weight, but more so on the
bike. After 13 days of EBDJ eating I rode a 200k(I'm chasing and R-12). I ate
only salami and parmesan cheese (except for a big pickle for sodium and coffee,
black, for caffeine. I'm caffeine free except during long rides.) It was the
flattest ride I have ever done (intentionally) and I finished with only a short
bonk (which I somewhat mitigated with more cheese) in the last 25 miles. I was
pleased but since then (I'm almost 4 weeks into EDJ now) almost every ride has
been very low energy and slow. Admittedly some of that is due to winter riding
but my energy level on the bike has definitely been poor. Otherwise I feel good
and at last count had lost 8 lbs. I'm reading a lot on the subject and this
seems to make sense to me so I'm keeping at it. I'm not counting calories
either but I am certain I'm not consuming anything near what I do on carbs, and
I'm not hungry most of the time. Yesterdays food: Tea with coconut oil and ghee
at 5:30am, 3 eggs with can of salmon and bleu cheese at 11:00. Afternoon snack
of about 2 oz macadamias with some coconut flakes. Dinner was guacamole (1
large avocado, red onion, spices) and rack of lamb, about 6 oz (pre-packaged
and cooked from TJ's. Try it, it's delicious!) Normally I would have eaten
double the amount of lamb but I'm trying to not go overboard on the protein.
Then a snack later of about 2 oz almonds and coconut flakes.