I have bolt-on RAIDs on my Kogswell P/R. The back brake does squeal sometimes. To fix, I squirt the rim with water from a water bottle, then go ride a bit with the brake on. I believe what's happening is oil or something like it (handling the rim changing a flat tire will induce it for sure, so maybe chain oil or finger oil) gets on the rim in places; wetting the rim and running the wheel with the brake on wipes the oil off.

I've also found that having the brake pad at an angle vertically with respect to the brake track will cause squealing, and that's one degree of freedom that is definitely present with the Mafac design.