Well, I used to do that same distance commute with about the same amount of
climbing (In greater Philadelphia area) and I too would get pretty tired if
I did more that 4 days of consecutive commuting. I was in my late 30's and
early 40's while I did the commute. For me, sleep was the major stumbling
block, as in getting enough and also giving my body adequate rest between
exertion. Eventually I decided to just commute 3 days per week and take the
train the other days. It was just easier and made the riding more enjoyable.

Now that I am older, I have also taken to doing weight training (kettle
bells and body weight exercises (push ups. pull ups, sit ups, planking
etc.) and that has improved my core strength and endurance while cycling. I
did a 200k Brevet last October with a little over 11,000 feet of climbing
in under 12hrs and felt good the entire time. I did not do that many long
distance training rides prior to the brevet. I did about 100 miles a week
for the two months leading up to it, a mix of my current commute (13 miles
round trip) some 50-60 mile weekend rides and one, 100 mile ride. I had
been doing the weight training for about 6 months prior.

Maybe take it easy on the riding and try some different stuff to develop
overall fitness? I am pretty confident it helped me. Oh and I was 48 years
old when I did the 200k but I don't think my age was a factor.