Deacon:

Sorry, but that’s a great sentiment that makes no sense at all in the real
world.

If we can just “avoid” all the bad things that might happen to us, let’s all
cancel our health insurance (avoid getting sick!), our life insurance (avoid
dying too soon!), our car insurance (avoid getting hit by any other driver!),
etc. etc.

None of us are in total control of our lives. The multitude of factors beyond
our control that could cause us to either hit something or be hit are too
numerous to mention, but include inattentive drivers, mechanical failures, bad
pavement, etc. etc.

This is why most of us buy insurance, and it’s why I choose to wear a helmet. I
try my best to avoid impacts, but I also know that there’s a chance I won’t be
able to avoid every mishap.

This is *my* choice, which I’m not trying to foist on anyone.

--Eric N
campyonly...@me.com
www.CampyOnly.com
Campyonlyguy.blogspot.com