@Hugh Smitham

As a business, it may come a point where the realization that a particular
segment of your customer pool does not seem to fit your business plan anymore
is evident. At that juncture a business has a decision to make. They could
either adapt their business plan  to engulf the changes and possibly loose a
part of their unique identity or concentrate more on retaining the customer
base that fits with their business plan and identity better. From this
prospective then, yes, "fire" the customer that no longer fits your business
plan. They are not as useful to you anyway because they are not a reliable
source of revenue under your operating platform.

As a customer, we "fire" businesses all the time by choosing where to shop.

As I said before, it works both ways. What is different is which side of the
counter you happen to be at.

Pano G.
Wash. DC