I did this for a while with sweet maria beans and some of the air popcorn
poppers, later upgrading to a purpose built coffee bean roaster (that
worked like the air popcorn poppers). It was a lot of fun, I enjoyed doing
it. But a huge amount of work for very little results. I forget the amounts
but the air popcorn poppers and most consumer grade poppers could only
roast 2-3 days worth of coffee at one time. It gets risky doing batches
back to back as the roasters get too hot, you're supposed to wait for it to
cool down first which adds 10-20 minutes b/w roasts. So it could take 45
minutes to get a weeks worth of coffee roasted in one sitting. Oh, and you
need to do this outside lest your family revolt against you. It can get
smoky. This was 8 years ago, so maybe the market for consumer roasters has
changed. Again, enjoyed it, taught me a lot and it was relatively cheap to
get into if you do the popcorn air popper route, but not something that was
sustainable. And someone mentioned stovetop, which I guess is how grandma
and her generation used to do it, but I've never tried it.