John, I do still have the Betty Foy. I did love it, and I still do, but Grant
was right to change that bike in the current iteration of the Cheviots. The
Cheviot is better named, takes a fatter tire, and has not-overly long
chainstays. The Clementine is such a sweet ride that the Betty, lovely and
lithe, sat neglected. I figured when the Anniversary Mixte launched I’d sell
the Betz and get that AM. Alas, it never materialized, but word came that the
Cheviot was getting a makeover, and the word “fancy” was even used. I figured
I’d stop mourning the AM and get the Fancy Chev instead (figuring it would
incorporate improvements that would make it more like the ride of the
Clementine), and even see about getting it painted in my desired color. I
really wanted to get bikes I can love and do life with from here on out,
because Rivendell has not promised us they will exist in the long term via
their Blahg. Plus, I am the type who just likes to love what she has to death.

I still plan to sell the Betz if the Cheviots are shorter than the Clems (and
lighter). And then I’ll paint it my favorite color, deck it out with my first
ever dyno lighting and ride off into the hills and you’ll hear no more whining
from me!

Sent from my iPad