A good topic, Leah!  I think that it's hard to avoid "armchair engineering"
of the numbers during this discussion, which is known to be one of Grant's
biggest pet peeves, and the reason that the geometry numbers are so hard to
find in the first place.  But I recognize that your intent here is to skip
that and go to the goods: how they actually ride.  I had posted a similar
question with regards to the AHH, because while I didn't feel strongly for
or against the geo changes, I was a) very curious what the real-world
experience was, ignoring all I've "learned" about geometry beforehand and
b) whether it was still the same bike with these changes, because on paper,
it should have been branded a different bike.

I have no direct riding experience to offer, my 45 cm Clem H is the
shortest of all the Clems and it rides quite "normal". I do take issue that
Rivendell has not been transparent about the geometry changes. The sizing
info on the website is based on the old geometry, and it is incorrect for
the new fitment. If I didn't have the insight of this group, I'd have
bought a 52cm Clem, and it would be too large for me. This is NOT a small
detail; it is easily the most important thing about a bike: above all else,
it MUST fit you correctly.  I also take issue with the low number of sizes
available but recognize that's a matter of cost effectiveness, and if using
recommended swept bars, size becomes less particular.

It'll be interesting to see where Rivs go in the future.. I wonder if it's
a pendulum thing and they'll shorten up a little in coming years; or
whether more sporty models will come back or not. Or maybe, as has happened
in the past, the rest of the industry will recognize Grant's benefits and
follow suit.