There is a point at which a bike that is long enough that it becomes a
specialty bike similar to a tandem or a long tail cargo bike. Very useful but
at the same time limited. If a bike is difficult to park in places I need to
park it, or is too long for my car or public transportation, then it’s
usefulness is limited to me. I wish it were otherwise, as a 59 Clem (my size)
looks like a fun bike to ride, but it is a BIG bike. I almost bought a Clem
anyway, but changed my mind because of the impracticality. I know a lot of
supporters of these long bikes think that people who hesitate just need to ride
one, but that’s not the issue for many. They are simply too long to be
practical fir some people, in some cases only realizing this after buying one.
For ME, a new Homer is pushing the limits of how long a bike I can practically
use. I wish Rivendell well with these bikes, especially as they seem very
committed to exploring how long they can go, but I hope they keep some bikes
with more Roadini like dimensions in their stable.

Eamon
Seattle