I too learned to practice falling from age 10-up (IIRC inspired by cub
leader), and that has really helped me avoid injury in countless bicycle,
motorbike, and ski crashes over the years...

My best non-crash was riding at local market area (Granville Island) with
old rail tracks still in place. One wet day, I was riding my Fargo where
the tracks were parallel to the direction of travel, and tried to ease
across these tracks. Something did not work as hoped, and the front wheel
must have "tripped " on the rail, causing me to do a 180. I ended up still
right-side up but facing the opposite direction I had just come from!

Happily, no motor vehicles were nearby..

Phew,

EricF
Van BC