Getting back to Adam's question - which kinda got lost in tubeless arguments
and peculiar shenanigans - having owned both I would agree that a Cheviot is
not *significantly* lighter than a Clem L. I think there's other things going
on there with full lugs and a different style - mixte v. step-thru - that make
it appealing as an aspirational frame to hang lighter/fancier parts on.

As for tires being a big player in all this, OH yeah. I've run various Schwalbe
Marathons and Big Apples and such with all their flat-protection goodies, and
they're straight-up boat anchors compared to the Compass/RH Barlow Pass on my
Frank Jones. ALL Rivs - Clem, Chev, et al - benefit from nice light tires.