Roberta,

Re air retention of my tubeless tire setup:
  Caveats/context:
    I have WTB byway tires (650b 48mm) on WTB rims set up with orange seal
(pretty sure) by Mike at Black Mountain Cycles.
    I weigh between 150 and 160 lbs.
    I tend to run what I think is pretty low pressure in them, like 25/30
psi for all pavement. A bit less if heading onto trails/fire roads.
    I'm a bit over obsessive about tire pressure.
  Leakage:
    Absent doing a poor job patching a tube, I am used to going several
days without a measurable change in tire pressure.
    With my tubeless wheels at first it seemed like they might be loosing
about 1 psi a day, but I don't keep good records so ...
    I got in the habit of topping up the tires with a floor pump most every
time I ride that bike (usually I don't ride that one every day).
    The other day when I went to ride it the rear was much lower than the
front. I don't know if that is related to a self sealed leak I never
noticed or not.
    I've heard and read that after 6 months or so you may need to add some
fresh sealant, and I've had that bike ~6 months now so ...
  My opinion:
    If one were to let your bike sit for weeks on end without riding it
(which I don't think you do) tubeless might not hold air as well as desired.
    For near daily use (or even just weekly) its a non issue but something
to be aware of, particularly if you are in the habit of ignoring your tires.
    If you don't already have a nice floor pump with an integrated gauge,
buy one immediately. They last a long time and are way worth it.

regards
ted