Roberta,

I think like all things, how long your tubeless tires will hold air depends on
many factors. Some of it depends on the tires. The supple tires I like to ride
from Rene Herse/Compass have side walls weaved from fabrics. Air leaks from the
interface between the rim and the tire as well as the sidewalls, slowly. With
sealants inside, the leaking air pushes the sealant toward the crevices,
thereby sealing them. The first 1-3 days of setting up a tubeless tire involves
a rinse-repeat cycle of pumping up the tire, spinning it to distribute the
sealant, letting the crevices get sealed up, adding sealant and pumping up.
After a handful or less of this cycle, the tire I have typically holds air very
well.

I work about two hours from my house, and before the pandemic, I would travel
to my office, stay for 3 nights, and come home for the weekend. I would need to
pump my tires, once set up properly, maybe twice in 3 weeks. I ride 48mm
RH/Compass tires are 30-35 psi and I am just north of 200 lbs. I top off
sealant (through the valve with the core taken off) every 5-6 months. I heard
from a local shop that Orange Seal's endurance variety can last longer. I
bought a bottle and will give it a try.

The difficulty in seating only happens at set up. Afterward even if the tire is
completely flat you can pump it back up no problem.

In case you need to replace your tire, or use an used tire on another tubeless
set up, there are ways without going to the shop. Another person already
mentioned that they have floor pumps nowadays that has a reservoir that
unleashes a big volume of air at once. I don't have that, but I just go down to
the neighborhood gas station with my Schrader to presto valve converter, throw
in a quarter and use the compressor there.

Just for reference. I had a tire that I set up once and never had to worry
about seating the bead until it was time to replace the tire.

Franklyn