2014 - back surgery that ended my days riding with the local cycling club,
which modeled the typical road riding group with club kits and racing
bikes.  Sold my Cannondale CAAD9.  6 months later, when it looked like I
would be able to resume bike riding in some form I desired to build up a
bike inspired by the 70's and 80's lugged framesets I grew up with.  A Sam
Hillborne was my 1st choice, but I had a hard time warming up to the
sloping double top tube on the 62cm.  So I looked at other brands, but none
had a long enough head tube which would allow me to get the bars up high,
or they were not lugged frame sets.  I wound up ordering a Sam Hillborne
frame set in the spring of 2015 and built it up with lots of shiny silver
components (no black parts initially, thought that has evolved over time).
I initially had plans on putting drop bars on it, but Keven talked me into
trying a pair of Albatross bars, which have been on it till just recently,
when I switched to Choco bars.  Oh, and that double top tube, it's come to
grow on me.