I ordered a Nitto S-83 quite some time ago, and this week I got around
to installing it, mating the Atlantis to the Brooks Team Pro.

As I was lubing and assembling the ensemble, I was struck by the fact
that this was the finest seatpost I had ever installed.

Better than my Dura-Ace, Synchros, Easton, Suntour XC Pro, Suntour
Superbe Pro, American Classic or even the Nitto S-65 of which I think
I have three and the Thompson Elite of which I have three.

None of these is junk, but the S-83 is better. How do they do it? A
masterpiece of design and execution.

Bob Cooper