Bob: I've got the earlier aluminum DA posts on two Rivs; even with
their considerable setback I have to use a mallet to get my Flites far
back enough (yes, I ought to have listened to Grant long ago when he
counseled a 72* st; but mine are 73*) and the clamp grips the front
part of the cradle with just mm of contact (no problems over many
years, but ...).

Does the S 83 have more setback than the DAs?

Can't see what the fuss is over the SP 60,though -- looks like a bad
old design resurrected in better quality.

Thanks.

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Bob Cooper
<robertcoo...@frontiernet.net> wrote:
> I ordered a Nitto S-83 quite some time ago, and this week I got around
> to installing it, mating the Atlantis to the Brooks Team Pro.
>
> As I was lubing and assembling the ensemble, I was struck by the fact
> that this was the finest seatpost I had ever installed.
>
> Better than my Dura-Ace, Synchros, Easton, Suntour XC Pro, Suntour
> Superbe Pro, American Classic or even the Nitto S-65 of which I think
> I have three and the Thompson Elite of which I have three.
>
> None of these is junk, but the S-83 is better. How do they do it? A
> masterpiece of design and execution.
>
> Bob Cooper

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM