"When men of science find out something more/
We shall be happier than we were before."

I still think common sense and moderate education is the best criterion.

Headline on recent BBC ("Lite") website: "Neanderthals Cooked Vegetables."

Patrick "going to give up my home made bread when they pry it from my
cold, dead palate" Moore

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Mike <mjawn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Anthropologists have assumed that early humans supplemented their
> meaty, protein-heavy diet with nutrients from plants.  Plant starches
> are energy-rich carbohydrates, but aren't exactly "ready-to-eat."  The
> latest discovery confirms that humans as far back as 30,000 years had
> figured out how to "process" some of those starches before consuming
> them."
>
> http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2010/10/18/130654483/starchy-wild-plants-added-carbs-to-ancient-man-s-meaty-diet
>
> --mike

Patrick Moore