Hi

I have direct experience.  While my B-17 was very comfortable it did
not last.  I wore it out in about 4500 miles--it started sagging to
one side and became asymmetrical.  So, it was really comfortable until
it wasn't.  I have heard from many others--check out the discussions
on the ibob list--that this is not uncommon.  Of course, you might buy
one and have it last for 50,000 miles.

I got a full refund as it was under warranty--it was only a year old--
and purchased a Berthoud touring saddle from Mike Kone at Rene Herse
in Boulder.  It's much harder initially than the B17; the leather is,
by my imprecise calculations, at least twice as thick; it's narrower
which I really like.  I've ridden perhaps 500-600 miles on it. The
longest was an 80 mile mixed terrain ride, but I've done many 10-60
mile rides, many of which have been mixed terrain. I really like it.
It's always been comfortable yet shows no signs at all of "breaking
in."  That is, unlike the Brooks, which started to noticeably conform
to my butt almost immediately, the Berthoud looks like it did the day
it came out of the box.

Is it worth $200?  Who knows?!  But Mike offers a very reasonable
trial period and the saddle itself comes with a two year warranty from
Berthoud.  Saddles are such personal things that I'll refrain from
making a recommendation.  But I can say that it is well made and works
for me.

Best wishes

Christian