> I had an Ideale when it was new and it wasn't as comfortable and didn't
> work as well as a B.17.  It was one of those with the integral wide
> aluminum rails and the built-in micro-adjusting clamp.

My favorite Ideales are the 4 and 6 (the lightly sprung city
saddles).  I think the aluminum frame Ideale used made for a more
comfortable spring base than the heavier Brooks.

Unfortunately, the leather is somewhat thin on them and they tend to
need frequent tightening.  Wonder if Berthoud will ever try and copy
that model?