A customer came in the shop a few months back with a Berthoud on his
Surly LHT. I aked if I could try the saddle out and he let me take his
bike around the block a few times. The saddle -- which ahd about 300
miles on it by then -- was a bit flat for my liking, and a tad
narrower than the B-17. Still, it wasn't too bad and I imagined it
might break in at least a little over time.

I stopped using the B-17 on my bikes with upright bars last year,
switching over to the sprung Flyer (basically a B-17 with coil
springs). Both Flyers are holding up beautifully, with 2,000 and 800
miles on them, respectively. The Flyer has become my personal
favorite.

One thing about the Berthoud is I like the look of the different
rivets, and the finish of the leather is beautiful. Am I big on All
That Plastic? Not really; but when you're sitting on a saddle the
first thing you should care about is comfort anyway.
Beth