I have 'em on my AHH, and I love them.  But I'm not hard to please on
handlebars -- many feel great to me, including wide Noodles and narrow old
Nittos and Cinellis.  And Moustaches, and Albas, and Bullmeese....

________________________________
From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Khalid Mateen
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 9:47 AM
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [RBW] Re: Handlebar setup

Anyone try th Grand Bois randonneuring handlebars?  Heard they are pretty good.

K.

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 8:02 PM, charlie
<charles_v...@hotmail.com<mailto:charles_v...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
I have the Nitto Rando bars also and will use them on my New Simple
One......just keep in mind that at the hoods they are much narrower. I
think mine measure something like 38 or 39 cm. I like mine just fine
and have about 3000 miles on them. I do also use a Noodle bar on my
geared bike but its a 41cm so I like a narrower bar regardless. I
don't ride in the dirt much so I don't need the wider grip on my road
bike.

On May 15, 4:44 pm, andrew hill
<neurod...@gmail.com<mailto:neurod...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hi Zaella,
>
> I just got a 45 cm Rando bar to put on my pending SimpleOne, and will prob
> use a 10cm dirt-drop stem (lifts it higher).
>
> I've hated drops for the most part, and never gotten use to them, due to my
> long torso and shortish arms - always felt too forward/down even with an
> otherwise perfectly fitting stem.  I love mustache and relatively straight
> bars (like bullmoose) for that reason.
>
> Bit I got the Rando's for the same reason you are considering them - to try
> some shorter drops.
> The 45's don't feel huge at all - because of the flared drop, they are not
> only much shallower than a noodle of the same width, the "flats" area is also
> smaller to make room for the flare.  E.g I doubt you will find the 45s to big.
>
> It'll be a few weeks before I actually mount them on a bike, but i'll let you
> know what i think once i do, if you are still curious.
>
> Best,
> Andrew
>
> On May 15, 2011, at 4:36 PM, Zaelia wrote:
>

> > Discussing bicycles in particular; it has been my experience that
> > there are a lot of strong opinions out there about what is right or
> > optimum. Personally, I think that it is whatever works for the
> > individual. There are so many styles and purposes of riding, it's not
> > hard to see that a one-fits-all formula isn't possible, even though I
> > sometimes wish someone could just give me a magic number and
> > everything would click into place.
>
> > Next, I guess I have to admit that a lot of this stuff is Greek to me.
> > I'm learning, but it's slow going.
>
> > So with that in mind...
>
> > I've been to my LBS for a bike fitting (a multi-visit process) and we
> > first took care of the basics, pedals and saddle. Things have
> > improved. I have almost no hand or foot tingles any more, and knee
> > pain is gone, for example, but I'm still experiencing shoulder and
> > neck pain. I definitely feel as though I'm bunched up up top, like my
> > shoulders are too close to my ears. In a recent visit, we determined
> > that to start I should get a longer stem. Currently, my Hilsen has an
> > 8 cm (80 mm) Nitto Technomic stem. It was suggested that, without
> > changing my handlebars, I get a 10 cm (100 mm) stem.
>
> > It was also suggested I get a handlebar that has a medium to shallow
> > drop since I admitted to almost never riding in the drops because it
> > feels too uncomfortable. I've got a 42 cm (420 mm) Nitto 115. The
> > fitter, very keen for me to get an anatomic bar that he thought was
> > perfect for me, pulled out a black aluminum bar and repeatedly told me
> > that I would not find anything like this in the "retro style". I
> > suppose he meant the angular or shaped-curve drops of the anatomic
> > bars, but I also had the feeling he was saying I wouldn't find
> > anything with a medium to shallow drop.
>
> > At home on my computer, I looked at various Nitto handlebars on a
> > couple of websites (Riv, Peter White, and Harris Cyclery) and I saw,
> [...]

To ensure compliance with Treasury Department regulations, we advise you that,
unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in this
message was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the
purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code
or applicable state or local tax law provisions or (ii) promoting, marketing or
recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.

This email (and any attachments thereto) is intended only for use by the
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
email (and any attachments thereto) is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
email in error please immediately notify me at (212) 735-3000 and permanently
delete the original email (and any copy of any email) and any printout thereof.

Further information about the firm, a list of the Partners and their
professional qualifications will be provided upon request.