On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 5:36 AM, Thomas Lynn Skean
<thomaslynnsk...@comcast.net> wrote:
[snip]  Once you get your butt in the right
> place (up-down, front-back, angle), handlebar height and width and
> even the size of and orientation of and material in your grip area
> really fade in significance.

One more chime here: I gave up gloves years ago and find even unpadded
bars with cloth tape comfortable, at least for =< 30 mile rides. And
my bars range from 38-39 cm Belleris to 46 cm Noodles and, as I said,
from 5 cm below to 8 cm above saddle. Good points, Thomas.