Yea keep in mind the narrower the grip the more upright your posture.
I like my current combo but what I look for is a back angle of 45-50
degrees and good distribution of weight on my backside bars and feet.
If I sit too upright I get a sore behind..... to far forward and my
hands go numb or I find myself sitting up too often on the top of the
drop bar. If I am too crunched up or cramped my bar is too close and
if I feel too stretched out like I am reaching for the hoods or have a
upper back ache then I move the bars closer, higher or both. I just
think it isn't rocket science and you just have to find your comfort
zone. I think its instinctual for most of us once we understand the
basics. Fine tuning is an easy task but not necessary if your rides
are on the short side. You notice the gross errors almost immediately.