+1 on saddle position's priority

I've been aware of this for some time. But much after I "knew" it, I
came to understand it better.

I used to think of it as an important notion regarding how to
efficiently ride and effectively handle a bike. Now I also understand
it is also the key to comfort. Once you get your butt in the right
place (up-down, front-back, angle), handlebar height and width and
even the size of and orientation of and material in your grip area
really fade in significance.

They still matter, of course. I prefer my bars high and wide and my
grips parallel-ish to the direction of travel. Most of the time. But
when I ride with my bars lower or narrower or my grips nearly
perpendicular to travel, I still get off the bike after 50 miles with
no strain or stiffness or numbness or tingling. I'm just tired or not,
depending on the intensity of the ride. And, of course, in a ride-
induced euphoric daze.

Your trunk is very adaptable when properly supported. I suspect having
a saddle that adapts to my chosen position (and guides me into it a
little) helps too. I have a B17.

My bars are all probably viewed as high and wide, bit they do range
from about 1cm above to 10cm above and from 48cm to 66cm. (Being 6'
245# has a lot to do with those numbers.)

Yours,
Thomas Lynn Skean