A factor to keep in mind, is which fenders and how they mount.

I've got VO aluminum 45mm fenders, and the initial way I tried to mount
them, the daruma wasn't giving me enough tire clearance under the front
fork.  I ended up switching to an L bracket, and had much more success.
However, the nuts under there are still a limiting factor;  I'm not sure I
could run JB's under my fenders as currently mounted.

I've contemplated remounting them, to get the nuts out from under there,
perhaps copying an SKS mount, or try rivets, or some such.