I commend Jan for following his passion and making a very welcome business out
of it. I'd urge every interested person to read his blog and his paper
publication and carefully consider what he and his contributors have written.

But after that, take what has been written with a grain of salt. I promise that
every one of Jan's opinions is perfectly true - for Jan, for today. Some others
may share aspects of Jan's body type, riding style, personality, or general
preferences, and some chords may ring true. But for others, there's no need to
wear Jan's clothes if they don't fit.

I'm thinking of commuters and recreational riders who ride 6000+ miles per year
on, say, a tire that Jan didn't review favorably or on a bike that doesn't have
Jan's optimal steering geometry (i.e. most bikes). I'm thinking of people who
ride relatively slowly for an hour or two most days taking pictures, but would
never think PBP, or even a 200k, sounds like a good time.

Jan is a sort of like a famous wine connoisseur. If he says Wine X is good but
Wine Y is swill, and you try both and find your preferences are the exact
opposite, then his opinion is worthless to you, and you shouldn't lose sleep
worrying that you're not tasting your wines correctly.