I was in an LBS (now defunct), and the owner pointed out how a traded in
road bike/fit had been "bastardized" by the previous owner by using a bent
shafted seatpost for more setback.
The owner was pointing out how the bike was too small a size for the
customer, and the bike owner had to resort to this.

I have been wondering. *Is there really such a thing as "bastardising" a
bike/fit* to get yourself where you are comfy on a bike?

I don't design bikes, so the only two of things I could imagine you could
do on a bike that might be considered to have "bastardising", negative
effects might be:

1. "Geometric Bastardization" - Altering the intended geometry of a bike?
Would it throw off the benefits of what the rest of that frame's geometry
was intended for, resulting in a worse ride quality? Like using high flat
bars on a modern time trial bike, or something to that effect.

2. "Aesthetic Bastardization" - might be if you put, say, a one-piece, full
carbon drop bar/stem assembly on a cruiser bike?

Other than that, I cannot see how improving comfort would be bastardizing
anything. Of course, getting the right frame size from the beginning would
eliminate the need to go to extremes for people.