I couldn't keep my B17 far enough forward on my LaPrade-offset seatpost
when I switched to tall quill and moustache bars.  On long rides, my saddle
would slide on the rails toward the rear as much as 3/4-inch (I'm the guy
with gibbon-like arms they built all those Italian cars for - and long legs
- relatively short body, all adding up to 6'3").  When I recently went to a
Thomson zero-offset, it solved my problem - my perfect position is with the
saddle all the way back in the Thomson.