I bastardized my first Riv, a 56cm Atlantis with a Thomson setback
seatpost.  Turns out the Nitto seatpost originally on there had
more setback to begin with, but I was at the min insertion with
the Nitto.

When I initially measured my PBH, there was some of kind bias
because I had already found a bike for sale.  I wanted my PBH to be
85cm, the maximum prescribed measurement for a 56 Atlantis.  When the
bike arrived (used, third owner) I even set the saddle height to
74.5, again per the measurement prescription.  The seat was not even
pushed back all the way in the rails.  The bike fit and rode
wonderfully. And then something happened.

After about 4 months of riding the bike, the bastardization began.
During every ride, the seat would get a little higher, the
saddle would get pushed back a little further, the stem a little
higher.  Swapping out pedals for lower profile ones to get saddle
height back down.  Wanting longer stems and Noodle bars (over Dream)
for a further reach.  Adding the Thomson post from the parts bin for
greater height.  Putting on 50mm tires and wondering for 55s might fit
to make the bike feel and ride higher.  The height of
bastardization: http://www.flickr.com/photos/69091655@N08/7174996127/.
 I wasn't happy with how it looked anymore and rode it less, forcing
myself to believe it was all wrong, too small and just move on.

I traded for a 59cm Hilsen frame.  While tearing the Atlantis down,
I put the saddle height and stem to aesthetically pleasing positions.
 I would need to be well on the small side of prescribed fit to get
the bike looking right in my mind.

The Atlantis is now being loved by another list member far
less fickle than I.  The Hilsen fit is darn near perfect and the
honeymoon is well over having ridden it several hundred miles this
summer.  The need for geometric and aesthetic bastardization would
have been abated if my initial PBH measurements were correct and I
waited for a bigger bike to come along.