Thomas said:

>In series authority records, 008/12 has the values for "monographic
>series" vs. "multipart item". If the series is coded for multipart
>item, the headi= >ng is formulated under main entry rules for
>monographs

The division is not so neat.  Literary series which continue
indefinitely, and in which authorship sometimes changes, are now
entered under author, creating a duplicate author entry in the OPAC,
and blocking series title access in ILS with poor indexing of 800$t.

This is just one area in which so far as I can tell, RDA creates no
improvement over AACR2.  Whether a new coding system would be more
easily indexed is an unknown.