Kevin suggested a helpful use of cataloger-introduced punctuation:

"edited by J. Garland (Cambridge Carbonates UK), J.E. Neilson (University of
Aberdeen, UK), S.E. Laubach University of Texas at Austin, USA) and K.J.
Whidden (USGS, USA)"

I could also see :

"edited by J. Garland, [of] Cambridge Carbonates UK; J.E. Neilson, [of]
University of Aberdeen, UK; S.E. Laubach, [of]  University of Texas at Austin,
USA and K.J. Whidden, [of] USGS, USA"

For a cataloger examining bib records, *perhaps* it would be easier to
recognize that the second one is clearly amended by the cataloger.  I'm not so
sure.  I do like the addition of something, though.

Daniel

--
Daniel CannCasciato
Head of Cataloging

"Wearing the sensible shoes proudly since 1977!"