Hello Daniel,

I will give this some thought. What lithium make? The ones I have looked
at log the temperature for warranty so that might negate the value a bit.
The high temp is just as bad in your case here.

Since this has been working well I am assuming snow on the panels is not
an issue?

Building a battery box that was cooled (small fan) from conditioned space
is what I have done. The wall between the garage and living space is
perfect. This won't help when the house is cold (unattended) much. It
won't help if the house is allowed to get hot either.

Some of the  Lion batteries are actually listed for living space. The LG
is. I don't do that with mine though. Hmmm

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
e-mail  offgridso...@sti.net