Wrenchers,

            I seem to continue to have my foot stuck in the past regarding off-grid.  Off -grid seems to have more of an element of a need for reliability, redundancy, klugability.  Believe me L-ion batteries and especially the "total units" like the:

https://simpliphipower.com/product/access-sol-ark/

are beautiful answers to "buy it connect up the cables and forget it", no maintenance to boot.  I want one. But Yikes, many of these companies are new, which will survive well into their warranty period?  Its a double-edge sword....if we don't transition into the L-ion world, how will they survive?

            Also, if the charge controller, battery cell (in 2 volt cell battery pack), fan or inverter fails in a more conventional system, there's probably a go-around spare whatever in stock (or the failed 2 volt cell can be cabled around waiting for a new cell).  Maybe all I'm asking is how field serviceable is a failed L-ion battery or its BMS? or the total units like above? Are there failures? maybe too soon to know.

            Go ahead, beat me with a stick, maybe I'll learn something.

Bill

Feather River Solar Electric
Bill Battagin, Owner
4291 Nelson St.