RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

Website Promotion Made Easy!

Online Awareness is a Manchester based company who help businesses advertise
their Website on the Internet. We can promote your services using the main
online search engines; Google, Yahoo and MSN. This will increase your Web
visibility, enquiries, leads and sales.

For a FREE Website review, please contact us using the details below quoting
reference: OA/REDNEWS

Telephone: 0161 432 3669
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.online-awareness.com

---------------------------------
[27] Times talk targets
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
'United completed their second summer signing last night when Tomasz Kuszczak,
the Poland goalkeeper, arrived on loan from West Bromwich Albion. It also
emerged that Owen Hargreaves, the Bayern Munich and England midfield player, is
a possible target.'

---------------------------------
[26] Very last few copies of the Summer Mag left. Show your support for this
site and buy one!
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
Red News Summer Edition. RN 126. Out July 17th.

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

To order click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

5 Red News' from last season for JUST £5 INCLUDING p&p in UK... £9 ROW...

Order here - product code 5OFFER

To order a single copy click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

Subscribe to Red News.

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

Back Issues

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopsub2.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopsub2.htm

---------------------------------
[25] Times on Rooney
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
'THERE is nothing fake or dishonest or cynical about Wayne Rooney, which, as he
implied yesterday, is why trouble is likely to follow him throughout his career.
Asked for three words to describe himself in a light-hearted questionnaire at
the end of My Story So Far, Rooney opts for “romantic, funny, hard”. He never
threatened to bare his soul in the book, ghost-written by Hunter Davies and
overseen by his management team, but the 20-year-old was candid yesterday as he
reflected on his form in the World Cup finals (“disappointing”), Manchester
United’s sale of Ruud van Nistelrooy to Real Madrid (“a blow”), the England
captaincy (“I’d like Stevie Gerrard”) and the hot topic, his sense of
persecution at the hands of the refereeing fraternity.

The third red card of his career, against Portugal in the World Cup
quarter-final, remains the most infamous, but it is the one that ended his
participation in the LG Amsterdam Tournament a week ago that is on his mind as
he prepares to appeal to the FA today against his three-match suspension for
violent conduct against Pepe, the FC Porto defender.

“I feel let down and harshly done by,” he said. “I jumped and tried to win the
ball and my hand brushed across his face. You can’t have a go at the ref too
much because he has to make a split-second decision. The foreign refs are quick
with the cards. But I play the way I see it. I won’t change.”

Crucial to United’s chances this season are the roles of Rooney and Cristiano
Ronaldo, last seen at loggerheads in Gelsenkirchen as the former was sent off
for trampling on Ricardo Carvalho. Their friendship was tested by Ronaldo’s
actions in encouraging the referee to take action, but Rooney feels there is no
cause for concern. “I was disappointed with the decision to send me off,” he
said. “But there were no problems. He was playing for his country and I was
playing for mine. I like Cristiano. We work for each other on the pitch.”

HIDDEN TALENT

One of the school reports reproduced in Wayne Rooney: My Story So Far reveals
that our hero “finds it difficult maintaining concentration when writing
stories and factual accounts”, a shortcoming that “leads to the work being
short in length and lacking in detail”.

No sign, then, of the skills that would earn him a five-book deal, but, if
there is one literary genre where such things do not matter, it is the
footballer’s autobiography.

But where this book succeeds is in offering glimpses into a world in which
Rooney left school, “got off with” Coleen McLoughlin and made his debut for
Everton in a matter of weeks in the summer of 2002.

Did you know he sleeps with the vacuum cleaner on? Did you know that he wears
glasses to watch TV? Did you know that “in real life I’m very sensitive and
very funny”.

When you plan to have a bet - use Sporting Odds through us

 http://www.sportingodds.com/index.asp?tpid=2983
http://www.sportingodds.com/index.asp?tpid=2983

---------------------------------
[24] United release podcasts
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
 http://sourcewire.com/releases http://sourcewire.com/releases

'The world’s best-supported football club, Manchester United, launches its
first series of official podcasts with Audible.co.uk today 10th August 2006.
For the first time, Manchester United fans can download exclusive content
including interviews with club legends such as Eric Cantona and Dwight Yorke -
along with dressing room insights from current players - and listen anywhere
and anytime…

With over 75 million United fans worldwide, the Official Manchester United
Podcast is set to become one of the most popular downloads ever. The podcast
series features past and present players; latest club news; celebrity fans and
comedy sketches including a Premiership reality show spoof: “Big Bother”.

Hosted by leading UK broadcaster and lifelong United fan Eamonn Holmes, the
first episode features interviews with three of the club’s greatest ever stars
including Paul Scholes speaking about his dramatic return to fitness.

Eamonn also gets an inside account on the Ruud Van Nistelrooy transfer from
former striker Dwight Yorke who spent six weeks inside the United camp and
witnessed first hand the end of the Van Nistelrooy era. One of United’s finest
centre-halves Gary Pallister gives his assessment of the current defence and
there’s celebrity fan chat with actor Ralf Little and Olympic gold medallist
Darren Campbell.

The second episode available for download from 24th August will feature
United’s most enigmatic star Eric Cantona in a rare and exclusive interview in
which he gives his verdict on the current darling of Old Trafford, England’s
Wayne Rooney.

Eamonn Holmes comments: “I’m overwhelmed to be involved in the first ever
Official Manchester United Podcast, produced by fans for fans. With great
guests and fascinating features it’s sure to be a big player in the podcast
league.”

Chris Mckee, Managing Director, wwww.Audible.co.uk, commented: “At Audible we
are constantly looking for new and exciting opportunities to extend our range
of products. Securing the Official Manchester United Podcast is a great coup
and confirms our position as the leading provider of digital spoken content in
the UK.”

The Official Manchester United Podcasts are available from www.manutd.com and
www.audible.co.uk. The launch episode is available for download from Thursday
10th August. Further episodes will be released on a weekly basis from 24th
August 2006 and costs £1.50 each. A free sample can also be listened to from
www.Audible.co.uk.'

---------------------------------
[23] PR guff
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
 http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7004494795
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7004494795

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson wanted an Audi-themed office. So he
decided to decorate his room with car parts.
Upon entering his office, visitors will be treated with sofas made out of car
seats, rear-view mirrors in walls and gear sticks as coat hangers. Jam Designs,
the company commissioned by Sir Alex to renovate the room told the Sun that the
Manchester United top honcho could be starting a new trend.
One of the designers said, "I'd love to be a fly on the wall when rival
managers see what Sir Alex has done - it could start a trend."
The designers also incorporated the logo of the club's sponsor Audi on the
floor. The team's dug-out located next to the Old Trafford pitch was fitted
with red rally seats.
Renovation of Sir Alex's room started three months ago when he hired Jam
Designs to come up with an Audi-theme.
Sir Alex said, "These young lads' design is unbelievable. I've got gear sticks
for coat hangers, car seats for sofas - and they've even interwoven football
panels from Nike into my door."
The designers described the old suite "was dilapidated and looked like it
hadn't seen much love," when they started work on the room.

---------------------------------
[22] Tomasz Kuszczak
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
“As soon as United came in for me, I wanted to come to Old Trafford. The chance
to play for the biggest club in the world is not one you can pass up. I’m
looking forward to the challenge the Premiership and Champions League brings.
It's a fantastic opportunity"

---------------------------------
[21] Ben Foster
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
"I am pleased that Ben Foster will be able to play regular first team football
at Watford and I’m sure he will continue to develop as a top flight goalkeeper.
We are building great strength in depth in that position at United.”

---------------------------------
[20] Ribery to stay in France
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
from BBC

'France winger Franck Ribery has pledged his future to Marseille, days after
saying he wants to leave the club. "I am a Marseille player and I'm happy to be
here," said 23-year-old Ribery. "I feel great. I hope to have a good season at
Marseille."

Ribery, linked with Manchester United and Arsenal, said earlier in the summer
that he wanted to see his four-year contract out before changing his mind.

The midfielder has now changed his mind again following talks at the club.

Ribery, also linked with Lyon, added: "I have talked to (club's main
shareholder) Mr Dreyfus and to president Mr Diouf.

"Our main goal now is to finish the season in the first three (in Ligue 1) to
play in the Champions League next year."

Earlier this week Ribery said: "My wish is to leave Marseille. I want to play
in the Champions League.

"The Marseille club officials know where I want to go and the club I wish to
sign for also know it."

He added on French TV channel TF1: "My choice is made and I will not go back.
Now both clubs have to reach an agreement."

Ribery played a key role as France reached the World Cup final before losing to
Italy on penalties but Lyon have been chasing him for several months.

Speaking after his side had begun the new French league season with a 3-1 win
over Nantes on Friday, Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas confirmed his side were
still interested in signing Ribery.

Aulas told Canal Plus: "He has always been a priority for us and everyone here
hopes he will come."

 http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-2051413-10351781

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2051413-10295995 Have a Free £25 bet on totesport
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[19] Rooney reckons Ronaldo will become a better player
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
"In the last two years he has been booed at away games but I think he can come
out of it a better player. He's a good lad and we've got no problem with each
other now."

---------------------------------
[16] Fergie on Jonny Evans
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
 "Jonny has been here since he was 12 years of age. We have an academy in
Belfast which has produced some terrific young players for us, and the scouting
system in that part of the country has been very, very good to us. Jonny has
wonderful composure, temperament, balance and stature and in a year's time he
will be absolutely outstanding. I think he will play for Northern Ireland in
the next year and a half, even though he is only 18. And I am 100 per cent
certain he will be a Manchester United player.

"Danny is a local boy from Salford which has been a great breeding-ground for
us over the past few decades. Danny has the potential to be an outstanding
player. For a young boy he is a natural defender, with great speed. Our plan is
to farm him out to Royal Antwerp along with Jonny."

"We signed Lee from Wimbledon two years ago, and he cost us some money, but we
are now seeing why he cost us money. He came here for the final year of his
schooling and then went into our academy. He will be farmed out this week to
another club for six months to give him experience."

---------------------------------
[15] Rooney on new deal
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
"I'm perfectly happy here and looking to sign a new contract. I want to stay at
the club, I am happy at the club so no reason there's no reason not to (stay)."

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2051413-10294323

 http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-2051413-5590804 Click here
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[14] COv boss Micky Adams on losing Steele from being on loan
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
"Luke is someone we know all about and have continued to keep tabs on. I would
like to thank Sir Alex Ferguson for letting him return here on loan."

---------------------------------
[13] Quotes on new goalie
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
Fergie

"He has plenty of ability and knows what challenges the Premiership presents. I
am sure he will benefit from working alongside a great keeper like Edwin van
der Sar."

Bryan Robson

"I have had several meetings with the player (Kuszczak) who expressed a very
strong desire to join United, with the potential of playing in the Premiership
and Champions League. In the end, we felt that these were exceptional
circumstances and that we would be denying Tomasz a major career opportunity if
we insisted on him staying."

---------------------------------
[12] SUN on Adriano
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
'ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC last night paved the way for Adriano to head to Old
Trafford after sealing a £16.7million switch to Inter Milan from crisis-torn
Juventus. The Swedish striker’s arrival at the San Siro is hot on the heels of
Hernan Crespo signing from Chelsea — and Brazilian hitman Adriano, 24, is now
considering his options. Fergie wants him to replace Ruud van Nistelrooy and is
ready to swoop with a £25m bid.'

---------------------------------
[11] Rooney on Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
“Ruud is a fantastic player. You can see that by the amount of goals he has
scored over the years. It will be hard to replace him. He has averaged 30 goals
a season and Ruud going is a big blow to us. I think we have the talent and
quality to win the title and I hope we will be champions. Man U are one of
biggest clubs in the world and to go three or four seasons without winning the
league is not good enough. We have to win it this year. It will be very
frustrating if we do not. If Chelsea win again, it will be bitterly
disappointing.”

on England

“Being honest, I prefer to play up front in a two. I’d have liked to have had
someone up there with me. Steve McClaren knows the players well, knows how they
feel on how they want to play and the system is his decision. But, hopefully,
we can have more attacking players. I was joking when I asked Steve McClaren if
I could be England captain. I’m not ready to be captain of my club, never mind
my country. But it would be nice to be captain of Manchester United one day. If
you have a chance to be captain of United, I do not think anyone turns that
down. It is a major honour and, hopefully, in years to come that will happen
for me.”

---------------------------------
[10] Rooney - move on
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
"I was disappointed with his involvement and the decision to send me off. But
that is in the past now. We are back playing for Manchester United and trying
to do our best. There were no problems afterwards. I spoke to him about it. He
was playing for his country and I for mine. We were not team-mates on the day.
I like Cristiano Ronaldo. We are good friends off the pitch and we try and work
hard for each other on the pitch. I have said before I did not mean to stamp on
Carvalho. The ref made the decision. I was very disappointed and, at times, did
feel like I had let the team down. But the players came in after the game and
told me not to worry about it. Sometimes it was still difficult to take, though
I knew I had to get on with life and get ready for the new season. All the
England lads were disappointed with the way the World Cup went. It was a
massive blow for me particularly. I know I can play a lot better. I didn’t play
half as well as I can. I feel really disappointed with my performance. I’m just
looking forward to the new season kicking off, playing for Man U and trying to
help us win the league. I know the World Cup disappointment can help drive me
on. And that will probably be true of a number of players in our dressing room.”

Open a range of betting accounts and compare odds and get free starting bets
when you sign up

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-795737-10360205

 http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-795737-5966119

 http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-795737-10295995  Have a Free £25 bet on totesport

 http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-795737-10351781
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[9] Rooney on World Cup scapegoats
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
“I think whenever England don’t do well in a World Cup or major tournament,
people are looking for a scapegoat. Unfortunately, a lot of people have turned
on Cristiano and tried to make him that. You do not want to see any player get
booed but I think Cristiano is big enough to deal with that. In the friendly at
Oxford he got booed, yet still scored two fantastic goals. People forget there
were many more players than Cristiano who ran over to the referee after that
incident in the World Cup. A lot has been said about the wink and about what
happened after it. But I spoke to him and he said it had nothing to do with me
being sent off.”

---------------------------------
[8] Les Olive
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
If you or you know anyone who knew or had dealings with the late Les Olive and
are able to write a short tribute for RN, please let us know at [EMAIL
PROTECTED] - thanks.

---------------------------------
[7] Rooney on sending off last week
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
“If you watch the video of the incident you will see I have not taken my eyes
off the ball once. I jumped up and on my way down my hand brushed him in the
face. He has gone down and stayed down. The ref had to make a quick decision
but I feel harshly done by.”

---------------------------------
[6] Rooney angry with ref treatment
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
“Referees are trying to get the headlines too much rather than just refereeing.
In the Premiership referees tend to let it go a bit, but foreign refs pull the
game up and slow it down and get the cards out. Referees get headlines with
some of the decisions they make and it is only natural some of them like that.
That is the way the game has gone and sometimes the players have to handle the
consequences.”

---------------------------------
[5] Rooney on Ronaldo
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
"We were fine. I spoke to him on the night of the Portugal game. I am not going
to lie, I was disappointed with the way he ran over to the ref but, at the end
of the day, we were not team-mates on that day, we were rivals, and I wanted to
win and he wanted to win and we just have to get on with it. Hopefully we can
do well for Manchester United together. When we got back we were fine. We
talked as normal and got in with things as normal. There was no problem. There
were a lot of press outside, there were helicopters over the training ground
and I don't know what they were expecting to see. The thing that disappointed
me is that Ronaldo should have won the Young Player of the Tournament, but I
think that with all the criticism he got he had it taken away from him. I was
disappointed and everyone at the club was disappointed for him. He had a good
tournament and I don't think he should have had it taken away because of that."

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-795737-10306273

 http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-795737-10357057 Up to 8Mbps Broadband
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[4] Foster on Watford return
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
"I was delighted to get the call on Wednesday giving me the all-clear to come
down and sign all the paperwork. Now I'm really looking forward to a year in
The Premiership with Watford."

---------------------------------
[3] West Brom merry go round
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
right, this is where it gets confusing

we have signed Tomasz Kuszczak from West Brom on a season-long loan. In
exchange for Kuszczak, United have bought Paul McShane and goalkeeper Luke
Steele to West Brom. And now Ben Foster finally gets his loan move to Watford.

West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace

"The club thought long and hard before sanctioning Tomasz's loan move. I have
had several meetings with the player, who expressed a very strong desire to
move to United, with the potential to play in The Premiership and the UEFA
Champions League.  In the end we felt that these were exceptional
circumstances, and that we would be denying Tomasz a major career opportunity
if we insisted on him staying. We were only prepared to let Tomasz leave if it
suited Albion, and the way the deal has been constructed does suit Albion.  We
have signed a talented young goalkeeper and an exciting centre half."

---------------------------------
[2] Remember this night?!
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
26th May 1999

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

1999. THE TREBLE!

High Quality. White image of 1999 European Cup team on red colour shirt.
Designed by Daniel.

Small, Medium, large, X-large and XX-large sizes only.

Price: £15.00 inc. p&p in UK (Europe add £1 / ROW add £2)
Prod. Code: RNT62

You can order by sending a cheque to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG.

Alternatively you can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or
Solo - for any one or any number of the shirts/hoods via the fast, safe and
secure paypal.

Just make sure you enter the correct product code for each shirt/hoodie (listed
on the shop part of the site) when ordering, together with the size (if others
than extra large are available, check on each specific item if that is the
case) and the correct price - please fill in the price column online
accordingly. Prices includes postage and packing.

Click on

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+T-Shirts&item_number=RN+T-Shirts&cn=State+Product+Code+of+T-Shirt&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+T-Shirts&item_number=RN+T-Shirts&cn=State+Product+Code+of+T-Shirt&currency_code=GBP

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

---------------------------------
[1] Becks dropped from England squad?
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 11, 2006 by ed:
so says the SUN

'DAVID BECKHAM has been axed by Steve McClaren — on the day England’s new boss
named John Terry as skipper. Beckham resigned as captain after the nation’s
World Cup flop. And now he is out of the squad altogether for next Wednesday’s
friendly with Greece. Becks had ankle and knee strains after the tournament in
Germany but has been training again for more than a week. He played for Real
Madrid in a friendly against DC United in Seattle on Wednesday but clearly has
a fight ahead for his international future.'

---------------------------------
[49] United sign goalie on season long loan
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
West Brom get Luke Steele and Paul McShane, we get Tomas Kuszczak on loan for
the season with permanent deal a possibility after that. More to follow.

---------------------------------
[48] Rooney to SKY on Ronaldo
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
"There's no trouble between us. I'm disappointed Ronaldo didn't win young
player of the tournament. He did have a good tournament and he shouldn't have
it taken away because of that. I was disappointed the way he ran over but we
spoke that night. We weren't team mates that day, we were rivals both wanting
to win. Hopefully both of us will do well for Manchester United"

---------------------------------
[47] More SKY on Diarra
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
'Skysports.com understand that Manchester United have emerged as favourites to
sign long-time target Mahamadou Diarra from Lyon.

Real Madrid have been in pole position to snare the Mali international for some
time but it is believed that United have rejoined the chase for his signature
and their bold move could be decisive.

Although Diarra has spoken of his desire to play for Real, it is believed that
he would not turn down the chance to head for Old Trafford if the two clubs can
agree on a fee.

Lyon have stressed their determination to keep Diarra, who has been a key
figure in their side since arriving from Vitesse Arnhem, but they have already
bagged midfielders Kim Kallstrom and Jeremy Toulalan this summer.

Furthermore, Paris Saint Germain's Modeste M'Bami is also being considered as a
reinforcement for the Ligue 1 champions.

There is the belief that a deal can be agreed before the transfer deadline at
the end of August as Sir Alex Ferguson looks for a long-term replacement for
Roy Keane. Villarreal's Marcos Senna remains another midfielder on the Carling
Cup holders' hit-list but it is understood that Diarra has been the top target
all summer.

Real will also push hard for the 25-year-old's services if l'OL do agree to
listen to offers but United are thought to be ready to fend off the strong
rival interest.'

---------------------------------
[46] More Senna
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
"I hope that we can reach an agreement and I could go to Manchester United, but
if that does not happen I do not want anyone to think that it I would be
unhappy staying at Villarreal. Not at all, this is my home, I have been here
several year and if I stayed then I would be happy. The club has always opened
its doors to me. The only thing I want to is train hard. I am not thinking
about anything more than that. Whatever happens, I have another year on my
contract and my thoughts, at the moment, are only with Villarreal. I am calm
because I have a club. The situation does not worry me, I am very happy at
Villarreal, so whatever happens in Manchester, I will be fine. The only thing
that I can say is that my agent is still talking to them, negotiating, and I
will only find out some more information when I return home, but for now I do
not know anything more."

---------------------------------
[45] John Terry
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
made new England captain

Open a range of betting accounts and compare odds and get free starting bets
when you sign up

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-795737-10360205
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

 http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-795737-5966119
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

 http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-795737-10295995  Have a Free £25 bet on totesport
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

 http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-795737-10351781
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[44] Hmmm
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
from SKY

'Everton have confirmed that Andy van der Meyde has been fined for a breach of
club discipline.

The Dutch wide man needed to be hospitalised in the early hours of Monday
morning after complaining of breathing difficulties following a night out in
Liverpool.

Van der Meyde has since claimed that his drink had been spiked, with the police
investigating these claims, but Everton are firmly of the opinion that the
player should not have been out in any case on Sunday evening.

Toffees boss David Moyes has confirmed the reasons behind the club's decision
before explaining that the player had expressed his regret about the incident.

''I have spoken with Andy and he is sorry for what has happened,'' he told the
club's official website.

''He will be fined because he should not have been out (on Sunday) but that is
the end of the matter.''

---------------------------------
[43] Official site on under 15s defeat
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
'The Reds' Under15s side have been knocked out of the Manchester United Premier
Cup competition at the first round stage.

The annual competition brings together 20 of the best young teams from around
the world, including Inter Milan, Arsenal, Sao Paulo, Hertha Berlin, Athletic
Bilbao and sides from South Africa to South Korea.

The tournament has aided the development of players like Lionel Messi, Robinho
and Fernando Torres in the past.

But a 2-0 defeat to Brazilian side Sao Paulo unfortunately meant United exited
the tournament earlier than expected.

The final of the Premier Cup will be held on Friday at 13:00 BST on the Old
Trafford pitch after the first team open training session.

Tickets for both events are available on the gate, priced £3 adults and £2
Under 16s and Over 65s.'

---------------------------------
[42] Senna
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
"The situation does not worry me, I am very contented at Villarreal, so
whatever happens with Manchester I will be well. The only thing I can say is
that my representative continues speaking with United. Hopefully an agreement
can be reached that could see me go to Manchester, but it would be no
misfortune if I don't. This is my home. I have been here for some years and if
I had to remain here I would still be happy."

---------------------------------
[41] Seville perspective
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
Enzo Maresca

“Manchester is a huge team, with great players and support. But we're not
afraid and we are used to big opposition – we play Barcelona and Real Madrid
each season. And we're used to good atmospheres – you should see what it’s like
when we play Betis in the derby. I watched United on TV when I lived in West
Bromwich. It was when they won the Treble, they had the best midfield in the
world. I really like Roy Keane. When Manchester came from 2-0 down to beat my
old club Juventus in the Delle Alpi, Keane was magnificent. He was the best
midfielder in the world. He's gone, but Manchester has great players like
Rooney and Giggs."

---------------------------------
[40] From West Brom mad
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
'West Brom have today signed Paul McShane from Manchester United as part of a
swap deal.

Polish keeper Tomasz Kuszczak is moving from West Brom to Manchester United
with McShane going the other way. Paul McShane is valued at £500,000 in this
deal.

McShane played 40 times for the Real Albion last Season, scoring 4 goals,
including the all important goal in the 1-0 win over Palace at Selhurst. '

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/img/16139340/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11); document.write('
http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=17211&a=608750&g=16139340
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news
');

---------------------------------
[39] SKY re-link us with Diarra
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
'Manchester United have not given up on the hope that they could still sign
Mahamadou Diarra.

The Lyon midfielder has long been considered to be one of Sir Alex Ferguson's
top transfer targets but the French champions have been determined to hang onto
their imposing influence.

French sources claim United have secretly tabled an official bid this week for
the highly-rated Mali international, who has impressed at UEFA Champions League
level for the Stade Gerland outfit.

Real Madrid remain favourites to snare Diarra and their willingness to splash
out around €20 million (£13.5 million) will severely test Lyon's resolve. Coach
Fabio Capello wants the former Vitesse Arnhem star to come to Spain and Real
would be able to compete in a head-to-head battle with United should l'OL agree
to sell the player.

Ferguson's renewed interest in the 25-year-old could explain why the Old
Trafford club's move for Villarreal's Marcos Senna has still to be processed.

Although the Yellow Submarines appear willing to sell the Spain international,
a deal has not been finalised which has led to the belief that United are
waiting on other targets before committing to a transfer. Indeed, Ferguson
suggested as much last week.

"We are looking at some other players at this moment in time and I think
something will happen next week," Ferguson said ahead of the Amsterdam
Tournament last Friday.

"There is interest in Senna but there is interest in other players as well."

Diarra has been on the wanted list at United since impressing against The Red
Devils in the Champions League but Real will provide fierce competition for his
signature if Lyon do eventually give the green light to a sale, despite the
French champions' official statements claiming the African star is staying put.'

---------------------------------
[38] YNWA - is our song?
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
from MEN

'ONE of the most bitter rivalries in football has taken a new twist with the
claim that Liverpool fans stole their famous You'll Never Walk Alone anthem
from Manchester United supporters.

Grandmother Jane Hardwick says she was left seeing red after reading a letter
in a newspaper which said the song, made famous by Gerry and the Pacemakers,
was first belted out on the terraces of Anfield.

Jane, a lifelong Reds' supporter from this end of the East Lancs Road, claims
it was originally sung by her and thousands of fans at Old Trafford long before
it became associated with Liverpool.

Jane, 61, was a teenage opera singer when many of her footballing heroes were
killed in the tragic Munich air crash in 1958.

And as her own special tribute to the Busby Babes, heartbroken Jane convinced
her friends from New Mills Operatic Society in Derbyshire to join her in a
rousing rendition of the song at one of the games following the tragedy.

The tune was written for the 1945 musical Carousel, which Jane and her friends
were rehearsing at the time. The pals started the singing but soon You'll Never
Walk Alone was being belted out by thousands of fans at Old Trafford.

However, during the 1960s the song was adopted by Liverpool fans.

Jane, who now runs a bed and breakfast in Leek, was first taken to Old Trafford
at six weeks old by her father and grandfather.

She said: "It has annoyed me so much that people think the song was first sung
by the Liverpool fans.

"The Munich crash was so horrible and everyone was feeling down and despondent
and it just seemed an appropriate song to sing.

"It was an emotional time and I managed to persuade my friends to join in with
me. Soon the whole ground was singing it and many people, including me, were in
tears.

"I never dreamed it would become the anthem of our old rivals but I wanted to
put the record straight about where the song originated from on the terraces."

A spokeswoman for Liverpool FC said: "As far as we are aware, it was first sung
at Anfield in 1963 and not before Gerry Mardsen's recording of the song."

---------------------------------
[37] Mirror on West Brom deals
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
'Young defender Paul McShane is moving from Manchester United to West Brom as
makeweight in a swap deal for Polish keeper Tomasz Kuszczak.

McShane - who spent last season on loan at Mark McGhee's Brighton - is valued
at around £500,000 in the transfer and will go into Bryan Robson's Baggies on a
three-year contract.'

---------------------------------
[36] Mirror on Adriano
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
'MANCHESTER UNITED are poised to bid for Brazilian superstar Adriano as Ruud
van Nistelrooy's replacement.

United officials have been privately talking about an imminent arrival "on the
scale of Wayne Rooney" and Adriano, 24, has emerged as boss Sir Alex Ferguson's
top summer transfer target.

Inter Milan are ready to listen to United's offer for the striker, who fell out
with coach Roberto Mancini last season.

And while the San Siro side will want £30m for Adriano, the fact they are ready
to do business suggests Fergie may finally be successful in his quest to buy a
replacement for the record-breaking Dutchman, who has joined Real Madrid.

The United chief was rebuffed in his attempt to lure Spanish starlet Fernando
Torres away from Atletico Madrid but knows he needs to sign a big-name strike
leader to appease the Old Trafford faithful after the loss of van Nistelrooy.

But capturing the powerful Brazilian speed machine would be a major coup for
Fergie. They are believed to have contacted Inter about Adriano after their
friendly at Watford on Tuesday night.

Adriano, born in Rio de Janeiro, became a folk hero among the Inter fans after
he returned to the club for a second spell in 2004.

Dubbed "Il Imperatore" - The Emperor - by the San Siro fans, Adriano repaid
their faith with 28 goals in his first season back at the club after spells
with Fiorentina and Parma, including 10 in Europe when his Champions League
tally of seven was bettered only by van Nistelrooy. He scored 39 goals in 84
Serie A games and 25 in 36 internationals.

But Inter are ready to cash in on him after landing Hernan Crespo on a free
from Chelsea - and Ferguson will want to make sure Roman Abramovich doesn't try
to tempt Adriano to Stamford Bridge.

United have until 6pm tomorrow to save Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes from
three-match bans.

Rooney was sent off for violent conduct and Scholes was dismissed for serious
foul play in the Amsterdam tournament and both offences carry mandatory bans.

United must submit a formal claim for wrongful dismissal in the case of both
players and get their bans reduced or quashed.

The Dutch FA's report finally arrived at Soho Square yesterday, the detailed
inclusion of both dismissals confirming United's worst fears.'

---------------------------------
[35] No Adriano bid
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
from sportinglife

'Inter Milan say they've had no offer yet from Manchester United for Brazil
striker Adriano.

Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly still looking to sign a top-class striker to
replace the departed Ruud van Nistelrooy, who moved to Real Madrid.

And Thursday's Daily Mirror claims after missing out on Fernando Torres the Old
Trafford boss has turned his attentions to Adriano, and is ready to mount a
£30million raid on the San Siro.

But Inter chief Massimo Moratti says he's had no contact from England, and
isn't looking to offload anybody at present.

He told the club's official website: "There is no deal with or request from
Manchester United."

Inter have beefed up their striking ranks considerably this week by signing
Hernan Crespo on loan from Chelsea and Swedish international Zlatan Ibrahimovic
from Juventus for £16million.

And that could mean a big-money United offer for Adriano could prove difficult
to turn down.

Another Inter striker linked with a move to England is Nigerian Obafemi
Martins, who has been linked with several Premiership clubs.'

Booking a train ticket?

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/js/101842/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11); document.write('');

Red News are pleased to recommend a local marketing and design company who can
do anything from a few flyers and stationery to full marketing strategies and
stunning photography. visit:  http://www.touchmarketing.co.uk
http://www.touchmarketing.co.uk - they even offer special rates for Red News
readers.

Red News has started selling goods in its own Shop on e.bay - spread the word!

 http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RedNewsShop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RedNewsShop

great original t-shirts  http://www.sumosam.co.uk/ http://www.sumosam.co.uk/

---------------------------------
[34] Record season ticket sales
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 10, 2006 by ed:
from sportinglife - but doesn't the club charter state that at least 20% of the
capacity should be for members/etc and non season ticket sales?

'Manchester United have defied their critics by record massive season-ticket
sales for the coming campaign.
With the Sunday evening deadline for sales fast approaching, the Red Devils
claim the existing number of tickets sold, including those in executive areas
at Old Trafford, has now reached 64,000.
When the normal allocation reserved for away supporters is included, it would
take the club to within touching distance of the 67,500 capacity of previous
campaigns. Capacity now stands at 76,000 with the opening of new quadrants.
The impressive sales figure, way in excess of any other Premiership club's
ground capacity, has come in the face of continued opposition among more
militant groups of United fans to the ownership of Malcolm Glazer.
Chants against Glazer have been heard at most United pre-season games since
they returned from last month's tour of South Africa, although the feeling
inside Old Trafford is that the worst is now over and the club can start to
move forward with increasing confidence under their new owners.
"This is fantastic news," said a club spokesman.
"We have almost sold as many tickets for every game before the start of the
season than we had as an entire capacity last year.
"It is a record figure, not just for us but for English football as a whole and
something we are very proud of.
"It shows that United fans are continuing to support the team at Old Trafford
in huge numbers."
Supporters who want season tickets but fail to meet Sunday's deadline will be
placed on the waiting list created by the club when they confirmed they were
launching a special one-year season ticket earlier in the summer.
However, it seems doubtful such hefty support will translates into a healthy
gate for Saturday's friendly with Sevilla.
Having tried, and failed, to attract Barcelona and Real Madrid for the game,
which officially opens the new quadrants, and with Italian football in chaos
following the match-fixing scandal, United were forced to plump for last
season's UEFA Cup winners as their 'big-name' opposition.
But it appears the United support have been unimpressed by the choice of
opponent and, like most clubs, Old Trafford's capacity is not likely to be
tested.'

For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon