RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

Website Promotion Made Easy!

Online Awareness is a Manchester based company who help businesses advertise
their Website on the Internet. We can promote your services using the main
online search engines; Google, Yahoo and MSN. This will increase your Web
visibility, enquiries, leads and sales.

For a FREE Website review, please contact us using the details below quoting
reference: OA/REDNEWS

Telephone: 0161 432 3669
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.online-awareness.com

---------------------------------
[26] England training at United today
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
McClaren on Rooney

"I can most definitely see him as a future England captain. I went to the
United training ground last week and had a good day. The first thing Wazza said
to me was 'I'm the captain' who's going to be the vice-captain?' That's the
confidence of the lad and what he brings to the table. He's still very young
but wants to be the best player in the world. I know he wants to be England
captain one day and that's a possibility. Who knows when that will be?"

---------------------------------
[25] Giggs on Ronaldo
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
"All it proves is that you are a good player. The opposition fans are trying to
put you off your game because they realise you are a danger. That is what will
happen to Cristiano. But he is a strong character and a talented player. All he
can do is keep putting in the performances on the pitch and hope it all settles
down after a while. We are used to things like these. David Beckham had it and
Eric Cantona had it. The players get around it by having a joke to make the
person concerned feel a bit more relaxed about it.  That is all you can do
really."

 http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-2051413-10356806

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[24] Danny Wallace
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
"I do like Saha but United definitely need a forward. Carrick is the kind of
player United needed. He's a good passer, a quality player".

---------------------------------
[23] Carragher digs at Mourinho
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
“I think he embarrasses himself. He’s just like a big baby, isn’t he? Mourinho
is a great manager in what he has done but I don’t think you can say he is a
great man.”

---------------------------------
[22] Rooney on England-Portugal match
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
"I won't deny that I was disappointed that Cristiano ran over to the referee
that night but other players ran over too and at the end of the day we weren't
teammates that night - we were rivals. A lot of players ran over and even if
you look at the game in the first half I was trying to get him booked for
diving - but people probably haven't seen that. We spoke on the night and he
said he hadn't run over to deliberately to get me sent off. I told him not to
worry about it and things between us have been fine since then. He's a good
friend of mine."

---------------------------------
[21] Times talk transfers
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
'SIR ALEX FERGUSON MAY HAVE worries about the fitness of a number of senior
players — notably Wayne Rooney — before the opening game of the season against
Fulham on Sunday, but of more immediate concern to the Manchester United
manager is the desire to make at least one more addition to his squad.
Further talks have been scheduled with Villarreal today regarding Marcos Senna,
the Spain midfield player, the outcome of which is likely to determine whether
or not Ferguson moves for Owen Hargreaves, of Bayern Munich, or even Mahamadou
Diarra, of Lyons.

The odds would appear to favour Senna moving to Old Trafford — probably for
about £4 million. Any bid for Hargreaves would be resisted by Bayern and
complicate United’s plans to sign another striker, although Ferguson will have
been buoyed by the England midfield player’s claims yesterday to wish to play
in the Barclays Premiership. “It would be a great opportunity to play in
England,” Hargreaves, 25, said. “A lot of my family live in England and Wales
and would appreciate it if I was there. It would seem a natural progression.”

Bayern value Hargreaves at about £15 million, but having sold Michael Ballack
to Chelsea this summer, the German club are thought to oppose selling another
of their prized assets. Hargreaves underlined his talent during a 2-0 win
against Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga on Friday, when he thrived in the
attacking midfield role vacated by Ballack.

The one problem for Ferguson is that any move for Hargreaves — or a holding
midfield player of similar quality and age — would leave him without sufficient
funds with which to find a high-calibre replacement for Ruud van Nistelrooy.
Fernando Torres, the Atlético Madrid and Spain forward, is the preferred
choice, while rumours abound that a bid could be made for Carlos Tévez, the
Argentina striker who plays for Corinthians.

Ferguson, meanwhile, is hoping that Rooney will have recovered from a groin
strain in time to spearhead United’s attack against Fulham at Old Trafford. The
manager also has fitness concerns over Rio Ferdinand, Gary Neville, Alan Smith
and Nemanja Vidic, while Michael Carrick is definitely out.'

---------------------------------
[20] Fergie on Parks new deal
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
"I am pleased to have secured him to the end of the decade at least. He has
adapted well to the Premiership and is probably the best off-the-ball player we
have. His movement and awareness is fantastic and he has been blessed with good
stamina, a great attitude and good character."

 http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-2051413-10351781

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2051413-10295995 Have a Free £25 bet on totesport
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[19] Fergie on Silvestre deal
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
"Mikael has been an important member of the squad for seven years now. His
experience at the club will help the younger players as they develop and he has
a central role to play in the first team."

---------------------------------
[18] How much!
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
from the SUN

'ARSENAL fans have blasted the club for charging £94 for top tickets at their
new Emirates Stadium home.
The Gunners expect punters to lash out for Category A ties with Chelsea,
Manchester United, Spurs, Liverpool and West Ham.

Premiership champions Chelsea charge £60 for their best seats — with United
asking only £39.

Tony Madden, co-editor of Arsenal fanzine Highbury High, said: “These prices
are incredibly expensive. The club seems to be turning its back on its roots.

“Arsenal are relying on fans just moaning and then handing over the money.

“It costs an absolute fortune for an ordinary working-class bloke to take his
kids along to a game.”

Top West End shows like Phantom of the Opera only charge £50 for their best
tickets and you can watch rugby’s Heineken Cup final at Twickenham for £60.

An Arsenal spokesman said: “We are very comfortable with our pricing.”

But Mark Longden, from Manchester United’s Independent Supporters’ Association,
said: “Even the £39 we charge is bad.”

PREM CLUBS’ top-priced tickets — Arsenal £94; Spurs £71; Chelsea £60; West Ham
£57; Newcastle £50; Fulham £45; Reading £41; Middlesbrough £40; Blackburn,
Bolton, Man Utd £39; Man City £38; Everton £37; Aston Villa, Charlton, Wigan,
Watford £35; Liverpool, Sheff Utd £34; Portsmouth £30.'

---------------------------------
[17] More Fergie in programme from Sat
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
no mention of Ruud in his notes though

"Maybe we have to become stronger in our belief in our own players and trust in
the quality of those we are continuing, as always, to bring through.  We do not
expect to get players on the cheap but at the same time, we have to stick to
our values and make a stand.

---------------------------------
[16] Argos sale now on
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2051413-10294323

 http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-2051413-5590804 Click here
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[15] Ruud scores
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
from sportinglife

'Ruud van Nistelrooy was on target as Real Madrid beat Real Salt Lake 2-0 in
the final match of their US Tour.
Van Nistelrooy, a £10.3million signing from Manchester United last month,
opened the scoring just before the break with a penalty, awarded when Willis
Forko felled Antonio Cassano.
David Beckham and Robinho were among five players introduced by coach Fabio
Capello at half-time.
And the Brazilian almost made an immediate impact, seeing a shot well saved by
Salt Lake keeper Jay Nolly.
The match turned ugly after 58 minutes when Atiba Harris was sent-off for a
reckless lunge at Spain international Sergio Ramos.
A melee involving several players ensued and when the dust had settled Harris
was shown a red card.
Robinho then doubled Madrid's lead seven minutes later, taking Van Nistelrooy's
pass in his stride before slotting the pall past Nolly.'

If you haven't already signed up to e.bay.co.uk - quick and easy to do - do so
and each registration when you make a bid on ebay.co.uk within the first 30
days helps this site.

 http://www.qksrv.net/click-795737-5048476 Register on eBay.co.uk!

 http://www.qksrv.net/click-795737-5826355
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

And you can join up and if you use e.bay.com for a bid within 30 days that
helps us too

 http://www.qksrv.net/click-795737-5377629

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[14] Rooney on Chelsea and Fergie
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
"Chelsea are a great team, a world-class team with a fabulous squad of top
players - but United have the players to win back the title and we all believe
that. It will be difficult, but we will have to stick together, stay injury
free and win our games. If we do that we'll give ourselves a great chance. I'm
not aware this could be the manager's last season, but if it is it will be nice
if we can help him win the League. Personally, though, I think the gaffer still
has plenty more years in him and hopefully we can win more trophies under him.
It doesn't surprise me that he's still first at the training ground most days,
not when you see his enthusiasm every day. It's unbelievable what he has done
for Manchester United over the past 20 years and count the trophies he's won -
I don't think you will ever see that again. He's a hard manager, a really tough
manager and I wasn't sure what to expect when I came to the club. But he gets
on with the players, the players can talk to him and that's a good thing for
youngsters like me. That's all you need in a manager, to trust a manager and
know you can turn to him if you have any problems. Sir Alex is very important
to me especially when there are big moments in my life. He calls me and gives
his advice on what you should do and he's a big help. He is 100 per cent behind
you and that's nice to know that you have a manager like that who is so
supportive and I'd like to thank him a lot for that. I spoke to him in Germany
on numerous occasions, and after the Portugal game he called. He told me to
keep my head up, not to worry about it and get myself ready for United's season
- and that's what I have done. Obviously Ruud has gone but hopefully I can chip
in with some goals. Someone has to take the responsibility to score"

---------------------------------
[13] Friendly next summer
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
from PA

'Glentoran will take on Premiership giants Manchester United in a glamour
friendly next summer to mark the Irish League club's 125th anniversary.  Wayne
Rooney could be among the stars at the Oval after United promised to bring over
their top players.

Old Trafford legend George Best played for the Glens against the Red Devils in
the Belfast club's centenary match.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson also has a link to Glentoran as his father once
played for the club.

Best watched the Glens in his youth but was rejected as a player for being "too
small and light".

A date for the friendly has yet to be confirmed.'

---------------------------------
[12] Fergie writing in Saturdays programme
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
"I know this summer has been frustrating but there comes a point when you
realise you can only take so much. This close season has driven the point home
even more that people are looking at Manchester United like a milch cow.
Perhaps it is the cavalier amounts of money Chelsea have been spending which
has upped the ante because the asking prices these days have soared to
ridiculously high levels. It is as if the thinking is that if Chelsea can
afford such and such, then we can expect Manchester United to pay through the
nose as well. But it has got to the point where you can only take so much and I
want to make it clear that we are not going to be taken for mugs."

---------------------------------
[11] Fergie on Ronaldo after Sat
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
"Cristiano got a good reception. He needs the games; that will help him. A
week's full training with us this week will help him too. I thought it was a
pretty slow game actually. The first half was a bit pedestrian. But in
fairness, we improved our passing in the second half and played some nice
football."

---------------------------------
[10] No Tevez bid?
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
from Sky

'Corinthians have issued a denial over claims Manchester United had lodged a
bid for their striker Carlos Tevez.

The Argentine international is being strongly linked with a move to England,
with both Chelsea and United said to be very keen.

Blues boss Jose Mourinho made a personal check on the 22-year-old last season,
whilst Sir Alex Ferguson is thought to consider Tevez as a possible replacement
for Ruud van Nistelrooy.

English reports claimed this week that United had indeed lodged a bid with
Corinthians and MSI - the investment group which financed Tevez's move to
Brazil from Boca Juniors in 2004, the biggest in South American history.

MSI chief Kia Joorabchian, who is based in London, insist that United have not
made contact over Tevez.

"I have been in England for a few days and I can say that MSI and Corinthians
haven't received any proposals from Manchester United. It's only said in the
press, there is nothing official," insisted Joorabchian.

The statement from Corinthians said: "The investment group MSI and Corinthians
want to inform that all what has been said about a proposal from Manchester
United for the player Carlos Tevez is not true and that it's only a rumour that
has come from England."

When you plan to have a bet - use Sporting Odds through us

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/red.php?id=BetSpOdds
http://www.rednews.co.uk/red.php?id=BetSpOdds

Booking a train ticket?

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/js/101842/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11); document.write('');

Red News are pleased to recommend a local marketing and design company who can
do anything from a few flyers and stationery to full marketing strategies and
stunning photography. visit:  http://www.touchmarketing.co.uk
http://www.touchmarketing.co.uk - they even offer special rates for Red News
readers.

Red News has started selling goods in its own Shop on e.bay - spread the word!

 http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RedNewsShop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RedNewsShop

great original t-shirts  http://www.sumosam.co.uk/ http://www.sumosam.co.uk/

---------------------------------
[9] Only a handful of summer mags left. Bag one while you can!
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
Red News Summer Edition. RN 126. Out July 17th.

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

To order click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

5 Red News' from last season for JUST £5 INCLUDING p&p in UK... £9 ROW...

Order here - product code 5OFFER

To order a single copy click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

Subscribe to Red News.

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

Back Issues

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopsub2.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopsub2.htm

---------------------------------
[8] Fergie pleased with international friendly for once
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
''The England game is a blessing, particularly for Rio and Gary. They will both
join up with England and hopefully they will play on Wednesday - Gary may get
45 minutes and Rio may get the full 90. That will certainly help us.''

---------------------------------
[7] Fergie after Seville
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
"Some of Sevilla's approach work was very good and they defended very well in
midfield, often getting to the ball first. What we did quite well was play some
nice football on the wings, particularly on the left-hand side in the second
half. We also improved our passing in the second half, after a pedestrian first
half, and probably deserved to win. But it wasn't a three-nil scoreline."

---------------------------------
[6] 1878 range
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

Shirts start at £24.99...OR... just £29.99 if YOU want an optional £5 extra
going straight to the MUST Phoenix Fund.

100% unofficial Short Sleeve 100% cotton, high quality shirts.

Option 1 - RNT64 Old style crest

1878 WITH full Hand made Embroidery of 1968 ECF style crest. HIGHEST QUALITY.

ONLY £24.99 including postage and packing!
OR just £29.99 if YOU want an optional £5 going to the MUST Phoenix Fund.

Available in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large and X-X-Large sizes. Please specify
SIZE when ordering.

Click on <http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm for badge detail

ONLY £24.99 including postage and packing!
or £29.99 with optional £5 going to the MUST Phoenix Fund. (Europe add £2 / ROW
add £4) - please fill in the price column and product code online accordingly.

Prod. Code: 1878ringer or RNT64

Option 2 - RNT65 - Phoenix Crest

Manchester, 1878 WITH full Hand made Embroidery of Phoenix style crest. HIGHEST
QUALITY.

ONLY £24.99 including postage and packing!
OR just £29.99 with optional £5 going to the MUST Phoenix Fund.

Available in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large and X-X-Large sizes. Please specify
SIZE when ordering.

Click on  http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm for badge detail

Price: £24.99 inc. p&p in UK or £29.99 with optional £5 going to the MUST
Phoenix Fund. (Europe add £2 / ROW add £4) - please fill in the price column
and product code online accordingly.

Prod. Code: Phoenix or RNT65

You can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo. Or by
post at Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG.

Just mark the product code and shirt size when ordering below.

To fit chest:
S       36" (length 27 inches width one side 18 inches)
M       40" (length 28.5 inches width one side 19 inches)
L       42" (length 28.5 inches width one side 20.5 inches)
XL      44" (length 29.5 inches width one side 22 inches)
XXL     50"

Click on to order via paypal below

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Shirts/Hoodies&item_number=RN++Shirts/Hoods&cn=State+product+code&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Shirts/Hoodies&item_number=RN++Shirts/Hoods&cn=State+product+code&currency_code=GBP

You can also order by phone or fax. E.mail us your phone number to - [EMAIL
PROTECTED]

---------------------------------
[5] More STeven Gerrard
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
"To my horror I realised it was Wayne walking slowly off. Players like Carvalho
are damaging football, not Wayne Rooney. It's coached into them that when an
incident like that happens, they go to work on the ref. Ronaldo was at the
front. But the blame does not just rest with him. Five or six Portuguese
players were at it."

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-795737-10306273

 http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-795737-10357057 Up to 8Mbps Broadband
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[4] Fergie on injuries
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
"Wayne's is not serious, but is enough for him to be a worry for next Sunday.
Gary Neville meets up with England on Monday as does Rio Ferdinand. Hopefully
Gary might get 45 minutes for England, and Rio might get a full 90. That would
help us for Sunday's game. Gary trained with us on Thursday, then worked with
the physios on Friday and he's coming along fine. Wes Brown and Mikael
Silvestre were absolutely fantastic at centre-back today (against Sevilla), but
we obviously hope Rio Ferdinand is fit for next Sunday.  Vida (Nemanja Vidic)
is only a week or so behind so we're getting close to having our full squad.
Once we get our full squad back, we'll be in good shape."

---------------------------------
[3] Andy Boothroyd on Ben Foster
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
"I like keepers who can distribute the ball and Ben's ability to get the ball
from back to front suits us with the players we have got"

---------------------------------
[2] Official site on loan outs
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
'Lee Martin made his debut for Rangers as Paul le Guen's side were held to a
disappointing draw at Dunfermline on Sunday.

The 18-year-old winger was introduced with 20 minutes remaining, just after the
Gers had been pegged back, but couldn't inspire a winner for his new side.

The result leaves Rangers sixth in the SPL, with five points from three games.

Fellow loanee Ben Foster made a winning return to action in Watford's friendly
win over Chievo at Vicarage Road.

The Serie A side did little to keep Foster busy in his second Hornets debut as
Watford ran out 2-1 winners.

Five wins and a draw from six pre-season games have given Aidy Boothroyd's side
plenty of cause for confidence ahead of next week's Premiership opener against
Everton.'

---------------------------------
[1] Fergie on contracts
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
"It's something that chief executive David Gill and I have discussed already
because we want Wayne Rooney to stay for a lifetime. He's a fantastic
footballer and his energy and enthusiasm show he is going to be a top, top
player. We have always tried to ensure that contract situations are on the plus
side for us. We did it with Cristiano Ronaldo last season and young Giuseppe
Rossi during the summer. We have a group of young players that we want to stay
together for a long time and Wayne is definitely very much part of that."

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Posted Monday, August 14, 2006 by ed:
 http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-795737-10379645
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

 http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-795737-10380073  Dorm rooms to dreams rooms
from just £7 per night
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[7] Summer Red News
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, August 13, 2006 by tb:
[...]

[6] Fergie on new signing
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, August 13, 2006 by tb:
"We are trying very hard to get another midfield player in."

"But, at the end of the day, I have a terrific squad of players with great
ability.

"The boys have to accept the challenge. We are ready and hopefully they can do
the business."

---------------------------------
[5] Fergie big ups Louis
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, August 13, 2006 by tb:
"Louis is a fantastic footballer, there is no doubt about that."

"He has everything; great pace and two good feet. He is good in the air and
exceptionally powerful.

"He only started playing in November last year and he still ended up with 15
goals. I think he could easily score 25 for us this season."

---------------------------------
[4] Senna is confident
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, August 13, 2006 by tb:
Or desperate!:

"I can't wait, it's a dream come true.

"It has been an objective in my career to always look to improve and look for
something bigger - and Manchester is the biggest.

"I think the situation will resolve itself this week and I am confident I will
be a United player."

---------------------------------
[3] Mclaren reckons Venables will get the best out of Wayne
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, August 13, 2006 by tb:
"Wayne Rooney is one of those special talents. You get the comparisons with
different players and Terry has worked with Paul Gascoigne and got the very,
very best out of Paul Gascoigne.

"We're hoping we can get the best out of Wayne Rooney as well. He will benefit.
I know that.

"He's experienced for such a young lad but he's still got a lot to learn."

---------------------------------
[2] At least you got that right
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, August 13, 2006 by tb:
Gerrard on Ingerlund:

"We are not as good as we think we are. England were guilty of over-confidence.
Me and the other players constantly claimed we could win the World Cup - it was
stupid."

---------------------------------
[1] Scouse gobs***e alert
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, August 13, 2006 by tb:
Gerrard:

"Sadly a dark side stains Cristiano Ronaldo's game."

"His part in Wayne Rooney's dismissal was a disgrace."

"What really [got to] all the England players was Ronaldo's wink to his bench.
It was a wink which said 'job done'. How could he do that to his Manchester
United team-mate?

"On the bus after the game Wayne asked me: 'What do you think about the wink?'

"I said: 'Honestly, Wazza, if we were playing Spain and [Liverpool team-mates]
Xabi Alonso or Luis Garcia winked at the referee or gave a signal for me to be
sent off, I'd never speak to them again.'"

For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon