On Wednesday, June 07 2000, Andrew Park may have said:

> > > Umm.  I always mean to put out the source to those.  All the fixes are
> > > in rawhide, but the binaries there aren't compatible.
>
> Okay, can you at least tell me which rawhide SRPM you're talking about?
> I just downloaded anaconda 7.0 from rawhide mirror and some things fails
> to compile even (isys.c tries to include ext2fs/ext2fs.h from somewhere,
> but they're not under /usr/include...)

ext2fs.h is from e2efsprogs-devel

> _balkanmodule.so compiles, but when comparing the size against the
> update.img's _balkanmodule.so it is different...

That's because those are the files built against the current rawhide
tree's installer.  Which is usually a different beast in quite a few ways
from the released installer :)

> Out of curiousity, the _balkanmodule.so, _isys.so and rpmmodule.so in
> the update image, how were they built?

Source updates to the 6.2 installer tree in misc/src/anaconda which was
then rebuilt and the updated shared libs were put on the update disk

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Katz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    | [EMAIL PROTECTED]

QOTD:
All your files have been destroyed (sorry).  Paul.

PGP signature