czwartek, 25 październik 2001, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer napisał(a):
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Alex Kanavin wrote:
>
> > By the way, it was me who fixed that mmx bug in mplayer, the only known
> > ACTUAL problem with 2.96 (oh, and gcc 3.0 also has it, but that does not
> > fit their "2.96 is buggy" theory so they silently ignore this fact) -
> > still they managed to completely misrepresent it, the FAQ entry about 2.96
> > is a plain lie - in their favour of course.
>
> Do you have the details on this one? I'd like to add a note on it on the
> gcc 2.96 FUD-counter page.

Here it is:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/faq.html#5.1
[...]
Q: What's the problem with gcc 2.96 ?
A: gcc 2.96 is RedHat's UNOFFICIAL (it can be found only on RedHat/Mandrake
   sites, or RedHat/Mandrake distributions) and BUGGY gcc release. gcc 2.96
   is TOTALLY unsupported by MPlayer, because it simply SKIPS MMX/3DNow codes,
   it just does not compile it. Important: this is NOT an MPlayer-specific
   problem, numerous other projects (DRI, avifile, etc..) have problems with
   this shit too.
   DO NOT USE gcc 2.96 !!!
   If you really really want to do so, be sure to use the newest.
[...]
FUD. FUD. FUD.