Well, I doubt any system administrator with more than a few months of
pratical experience with both NT and linux is going to say NT is more
reliable.

And following advice from linux users never broke my servers -- following
advice from M$ tech support once entailed 12 hours (after a full day of
normal work) fixing the machines so that they worked (in the nominal way
that NT does) again. I often find when calling M$ tech support that I know
more about their products than they do (now *how* does Frontpage do user
authentication? :)  )

Believe me, when you're going home at sunrise because you trusted M$ tech
support linux looks better and better.

I would argue (and this is a religious argument..donning abestos underwear
:) ) that RH5.0 is not ready for production servers yet. We use 4.2 for
our servers, and don't have any real problems. This may largely be because
we use alot of alphas, and alpha linux (rh 5.0)seems to have more library
problems than intel linux(rh 5.0). I have 5.0 on my workstation and it
generally works fine.

And as for the original problem (though I don't recall the first post)
random reboots always make me want to run a hardware check first,
regardless of OS. Just my opinion on this one, though.

Vinnie
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] System Administrator Epoch Internet
"Connecting The World, One Business At A Time......