Hi All,
Recently installed my new Red Hat 5.1
Everything looked ok by now except that I can see the following
warning each time I boot my system.

I did customized my kernel after initial installation, with the
kernel sources= linux-2.0.34.tar.gz.

The offensive message is:

--------------[snip]--------------------
Finding modules dependencies...
Can't open /lib/modules/preferred/modules.dep

I did check that I have a modules.dep at my /lib/modules/2.0.34/
but there is not a "preferred" directory.

In my /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit there is some reference to that
file but I am not able to see how it works.

Some idea about the problem will be welcome.

Best regards,

Javi,          _____