> MailScanner is intended to run on a mail server to protect those systems
> pulling mail from it.  If you're only using a single linux box to
> send/receive all your mail then I doubt using MailScanner to screen for
> virus' is of any value???  All the virus' are Microsoft based.

Ah, but you see, I am embarrassed to admit that I am using Outlook Express
to check my email from my windows box at work.  I'm using imap/ssl, smtp/ssl
and smtp-auth to secure my connection, and I haven't found another windows
client that works using all of this.  So yes, I'm vulnerable to windows
virii meandering through my linux box.

Does f-prot protect against windows virii or linux virii?  And *are* there
any linux virii?

Thanks!

Ben