This is a general FYI regarding the above hardware under RedHat Linux 7.3.

I have seen a little mailing list traffic on some or all of these components and thought I would share my experience.

Asus P4C800 Deluxe - contains Promise controller and gigabit ethernet on the motherboard itself. Worked OK for me.
Promise PDC20378 SATA RAID 0 - Promise HAS a driver for linux, including install instructions, however, the instructions as given (and a couple of freelance variations of my own) failed to load the controller under a Redhat 9 install, but the install on 7.3 worked fine.

3com 3c2000 Gigabit Ethernet - this card 'seemed' to work fine after obtaining the linux driver from 3com. However, I was running it over a 10baseT hub, which was probably my fault, but it claimed to be able to work with 10baseT, so I went for it (upgrading the network infrastructure comes next) and problems ensued. Many clients had trouble speaking telnet, although Samba traffic was OK (but samba sets the network packet stuff itself), and Win NT 4.0 clients refused to speak to it altogether. I had to install a 10/100 d-link card, and then everything worked perfectly.

I hope this helps someone, as I spent way too much time fiddling with my firewall and network because of the network card difficulties (and maybe it is just cause I made a dumb decision).

Rob