Hello,

you could use xfce. It is _realy_ fast and looks nice and modern.
I downloaded it yesterday, compiled it and installed it. Rather simple.

I am using kde 3.1 and it was realy a difference, how the windows popped up and moved.
Right from the personal fealing it seams, that rograms start faster than with kde, since the drawing on the screen is faster.

regards
Cornelius

Apollo (Carmel Entertainment) wrote:

So after looking at the thread I started (the one about why RH90 is slower than
Win98) I came to conlusion that I will move people to Linux in stages. First I
want to change common use workstations to linux.
My question is, which WM will do best job (and will be fastest) to do this:
Desktop would just be with a graphic background (company name in the
background), there would be only several icons on the desktop to launch
OpenOffice applications and several Wine emulated MS apps.

Which window manager I should go with?