I see Gordon has already offered to help write it, so if you know what's
good for you, take him up on it :)

Otherwise, if you check the mailhelp archives on moongroup (search for
"mass mailer") you will find a small perl script that does basically what
Gordon describes except it uses a simple non-XML template, and currently
gets the email info from a text file.

If you need help converting it to get the names from a MySQL or PostgreSQL
db, just send us your schema. Gordon can get it done in no time :) Just
kidding, I can help too.

Also take Chuck's advice and install postfix. It eats mass emails for
breakfast.

charles